Today I was craving a brownie so bad that I had to do a healthy version of them! This is a very healthy option as they contain no sugar, no dairy, no fats, no oils and they are fully vegan!
So to make this brownies you'll need:
600 sweet potato (raw)
1/2 cup ground almonds
1/2 cup of oats flour
4 tablespoons of cocoa powder (100% cocoa, no sugar or dairy added)
3 tablespoons of honey or agave or maple (they all work)
100 grams of dates
75 grams of walnuts (optional, I added them to add crunchiness)
- So first let's preheat the oven at 180 degrees Celsius. Then peel the sweet potato and boil it until very soft.
- Meanwhile in a bowl mix the flours, cocoa and walnuts.
- Once sweet potato is soft place it in a blender or food processor and blend with the dates and honey.
- You might need a little drop from the boiling water to get the blender going as sweet potato is very thick.
- Once that mixture is well blended incorporate into the bowl with the rest of the ingredients and pour mix into your brownie tray. (You might need to put grease proof paper in your tray)
- Place into the oven and bake for 40 minutes. I baked for 50 as mixture wasn't ready. But every oven is different so insert a toothpick and once it comes clear your brownie is ready.
- Make sure is fully cooled before you cut as the cooling process allow the brownie to set together.
- Sprinkle some cocoa powder at the top.
Serve and enjoy with a cuppa. Great snack for before the gym!
Sweet Potato Brownies
4/ 5Oleh DebraT Medrano